Sunday 15 June 2014

Still growing at 58

At this brittle age my dad stopped growing… I mean - he literally stopped breathing. The credit for this heart-stopping event goes to the Aedes Aegypti mosquito – the vector of Dengue Hemorrhagic fever. For me now to be at this defining point in my dad’s life - and death, is quite awe-inspiring.

“Growing” in the truest sense of the word includes growing old, growing wiser and growing balder as everyone can clearly see.

The year that ushered the 58th milestone in my life was full of fun and blessings. My previous blog entries duly recorded each reunion, each dive and each family event that helped shape what that year was like. This piece will just summarize how God graciously led me through another year in my life.

 i team up with God's most awesome bible smuggler and some 
German friends for a medical mission into Burma
 and we get the rare chance of seeing to the needs of
some school children under the watchful eyes of the military
 malapascua islands and the thresher sharks give me the
chance of a lifetime
 reunion with high school best friends in Coron Palawan
the best dive expedition among the world war II ship
wrecks in Coron Palawan
 i get to help organize the first-ever class reunion 
from medical school in 31 years.
 my frat meets up for dinner and we have fun reminiscing 
and planning.
 i get the chance to visit my aging aunts from both maternal and paternal sides of the family
my son and his fiance finally join me in running
my daughter and her band do a concert at the sundowners bar to raise funds for the typhoon victims in Leyte
Kailee - my granddaughter, moves up to the second
grade with the highest honors while her grandmom refuses
to grow old.
a three-week vacation to the US west coast... 
 ...and a reunion with my sis' family caps the 
year that brought me 58 years nearer to seeing my
Lord and Savior - Jesus. to him i give all the
honor, glory and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...