Monday 13 April 2009

I'm complete no more

For this blogger the second week of April 2009 in Bangkok will be remembered by four things: 1. The red-shirts demonstration, 2. Songkhran, 3. Easter cantata and 4. APPENDECTOMY!

It started with a vague pain around my belly button at 9 pm and increased in intensity while finally localizing 12 hours later at the right lower quadrant . All I had to do was walk a few hundred meters from the house to the OPD of Yanhee Int'l Hospital and ask for the doctor to take a look at me. After doing an exam on me and taking one look at the results of the lab, I was made to sit on a wheelchair and was whisked from x-ray to EKG then up to my room at the 8th floor. In an hour I was on a stretcher being rolled into the OR and it was point of no return for me.


red shirt demonstrators
song khran revelers

easter cantata in church
contemplating on the swift turn of events while wating
for the orderly to take me to the operating room.

the longest ride on earth. it was like i was traveling
through a tunnel will the lights zooming above and it
took like... forever.
Just a  moment before i am wheeled into the OR a thai nurse came to 
my side and in her limited english announced " I want to clean my hair!" 
She proceeded to expose my very private parts and unceremoniously
 got into the job of mowing the lawn.

Point of no return... no cameras inside the OR. I chose spinal 
anesthesia over general anesthesia just so I could experience how 
it feels to be without the lower part of my body.
Jo Ann was up this point only Yanhee has 40 operating
rooms and it is here were the creation of God is reversed...
male to female and female to male.

Recovery room for an hour I was touching my thighs and it felt 
like rubber to my fingers. I tried to feel for my manhood 
just to make sure they didnt do a sex change on me. 
There were three other patients inside the room and our 
monitors were droning out a marathon of beeps.
Ray's turn to wheel me back to my room...

...where he and Reggie dump me on to my bed.
Morphined! 6 hours of painless bliss while my uncatheterd
bladder was filling up. When I woke up I had to ask for a
nurse to get a catheter in and we got 800 ml of pee.

First visitors while I slept.. my precious granddaughter
and her mom.
she liked my room... and started to mess things around.

My wife, watcher, financier, etc..
Biggot the clown... left his post at the main entrance
just to make me laugh

JP, Nok and Francis Tion
Dr. Sumate Hutpattanasilp - Internist

Dr. Wajarapong Yothathai - Surgeon
Nok and P' Ning

Rocky, Dan, Lyn, Joan, Don, Penggot, Francis
Ikoi

Mawi
The wound

Arroz caldo by Mama Joan Naypa It was my first soft
diet and I was starved after being on NPO for 2 days.
Thanks Mama Joan
Downtown Bangkok from my hospital window,
where all the demonstrations were taking place

Discharged! The nursing staff on my floor. The nurse
who pulled out my IV, after some time in thought blurted
out "You are coming home now?" That was music to my
ears albeit a little off key.


39 comments:

  1. It's good uncle.. you're well and ok na.lingaw ko sa mga captions and pix..detailed kaau and i love it!hehe..sorry was'nt able to visit you sa hospital.. prayed for your surgery and recovery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see ur ok na kuya sun,sige kami pray sayo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun, this is so unexpected... I've been thinking of you when I saw the riots and ugly demonstrations on TV and there you are. The pictures you posted tell that of a man who is surrounded by a loving and caring family... What a lucky man you are... Someone up there must have looked after you... I wish you a speedy recovery and please don't think you're not complete anymore. You've just been fine-tuned for optimal performance...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought of that too pop. :) nangatawa gud mi ni yang yang at the what ifs hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  5. how did you get his name hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. pakita diay nimo imong tiyan? hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Wa,

    "fine-tuned" that's the right description pal, and you bet I'll be zeroed in on the frequency for my mission trip to the Mekong delta in Vietnam on May 13.

    Your posts always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, now I get it. No change indeed. Enhancement?

    ReplyDelete
  9. tingala siguro si kailee unsay na hitabo sa iyang lolo

    ReplyDelete
  10. murag mga high school ang mga doctor

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad to see nurses in real uniforms dito puro naka scrubs lang.
    Everyone wears scrubs including the janitors. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. ay naku tita bongga mga uniform namin dito hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah bro, I had my tummy enhanced... now it's a little bigger. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. alojipan mark in your abdomen?... hope everything is fine with you migo. i know the nurses with you when you were discharged give a boast to your being.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Staples migo ang tiil sa alojipan.. ikaw opera libre unta.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, now I would not mind that lawn mowing from such a delectable subject! Were you already doped out or are you just trying to look "not interested?"LOL
    Glad you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delectable?!!!
    Now, Sun, is this just a rumour that I'm not aware of?

    ReplyDelete
  18. sorry bro but I dont even know the meaning of the word....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did she "clean my hair" right there at the hallway?

    ReplyDelete
  20. so uncle... did you come out with the same gender you had when you got in? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. JP knows his name- He's known in the ER as the doctor who does not want to give meds...

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha... no. she mowed the lawn in my room before I was wheeled to the OR. That's a different lady taking my bp... it was 170/110.

    ReplyDelete
  23. physically, yes... but in my mind I knew that I was different :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. True. hehehe... I'm glad you're okay na tito! You've got some more million miles on your feet because your purpose is far more than the stars in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  25. why what happen kuya?take care of ur self kuya

    ReplyDelete
  26. omg seriously? hahahaha
    kailangan ba talaga na clean ung lawn?hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  27. hahahah i can't stop laughing at the manhood hirit.. hahahahahaha ayos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you made me laugh at lawn mowing thing ...even it's already a year ago ...

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...