Wednesday 8 April 2009

A blend of city and farm


Most of my life has been spent living in the country. I love farm life and I do landscaping, horticulture and agriculture [not to mention my own CULTure upbringing].

Some weeks back I noticed the transformation of the dividing island of our street - Charan Sanitwong, in Bangkok. They were taking out the old plants and digging holes for new ones - sunflowers. I felt excited to think that soon I would see those huge flowers towering above the cars.

I couldn't resist taking pictures of the flowers that has transformed our once drab street into a little paradise amidst the noise and pollution.









2 comments:

  1. Hi Sun,

    This is a nice shot. You must have a good expensive camera.
    It's so nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, boy... it's quite expensive - a sony cybershot point and shoot camera that is now worth 6K baht. lol. I wish I had one of those pro cameras but you know the guy's really broke.

    Thanks anyway and nice to hear from you. I was expecting you to comment on the Buddhist wat... a good place to do the lotus position and listen to classical music.

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...