Sunday 15 June 2014

Enlightenment

I just got back from a trip of a lifetime to my sister’s part of the world.

It has been 11 years since she migrated with her family to a more developed country and the move was done when the kids were still in the grades and I was in the midst of a controversy that shook the foundations of our family.

We’ve been posting news to each other every now and then about our families, keeping each other updated with the kids’ growth and achievements, but we obviously left out the details about the issues that hinged on the controversy that I was embroiled in. Every now and then my sis would remind me not to be too vocal about it and not to tie her up to the issue in public. This of course was a nagging pain in my heart that I knew might be remedied by a trip to her turf.

Three weeks in her house and around her family has completely healed this pain. I had the first-hand chance to see how her kids have grown to love Jesus with all their hearts. Their enthusiasm in leading praise and worship has moved me to tears more than once.

I have also witnessed that my sis and her husband are very active in small group bible studies and participation in the church choir. I also joined them for Sunday church service at their church – the Valley Baptist Church at Bakersfield.

I thank God for shining his light of truth into the hearts of each member of my family and for giving enlightenment to our searching souls. Jesus – you will always be the center of our lives.

this was taken after the church service

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...