Wednesday 6 April 2016

Retirement... watcha talkin 'bout?

Certain things in life that were a mystery to me are gradually gaining clarity in the recent days. This doesn’t pertain to spirituality as I have had my enlightenment about a decade ago. Neither is it about health and death as these have been my bed-mates since I left medical school nor is it about sexual attraction and love, because these have made my mind their playground even at an early age.

It is actually the mystery of retirement and growing out of a company's age limit policy. So this is it and how did it dawn on me? 

First, someone tells me that she heard someone - a reputable source, say that I will be terminated on the month of my 60th birthday, which was a few months away. This could not be construed as hearsay, because I was actually told 5 years ago by the HR office that 60 was the mandatory age for retirement for employees at Yanhee International Hospital. They wanted me to retire at 55, but my manager allowed me to choose if I should work 5 years more.

Second, someone asks my wife if I already know that I will be made to retire in less than two months... hmmm, this is getting to be freaky. People talk about it behind my back, but there is no official word. It's like the guys concerned are too timid to give me something that could possibly turn my world upside-down. 

C'mon guys, give it to me. I've been waiting 60 years for this moment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...