Thursday 21 April 2016

I will never dive koh mak again!

The title may sound like I'm a poor loser - actually losing is not the issue here, rather it's doing the same mistake again that makes me look stupid.

A few years back some dive buddies and I decided to check out the dive sites around Koh Chang (Chang and Mak are two islands that share the same dive sites). After that trip I vowed not to return to this area again.

The photos will show why.


 shallow

 poor visibility

drab, monotonous flora and fauna

Forgive me for the descriptions. It just so happens that I'm from the Philippines where marine biodiversity and crystal clear water is at its best. If you have been to the Philippines you will understand my rant.

The good part about this dive trip was the company:

2 czechs, 1 dutch, 1 french and 1 pinoy

These guys had the "same feathers" although apparently one had less. the czechs were an elderly couple who were madly in love with each other that we had to give them some space.

 that's the dive boat. it had 12 adults and 2 kids for snorkeling and 5 divers with only two staff (captain and divemaster) - obviously understaffed.

 the swimming dutchman - Hajo, and the balding filipino.

Arnaud the frenchman engrossed with his u/w photography.

Notwithstanding the negative facts about this trip, we had a good time. We had ice cold beer on board and the trip to and from the dive sites did not take too long.

This Koh Mak trip was actually a family retreat to get away from the hassle of the daily routine. I just chanced upon a dive shop on the island and forgot my previous vow. 


Maybe next time I will remember not to dive Koh Mak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...