Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mr Bends

the sea is blue the sea is dark and very deep
black hidden holes with coral cliffs so steep
sharks, stingrays, snakes and critters grim
all these plus the fact that I cannot swim.

I was raised in the hills with a scrawny old goat
I knew then too well that I could never float
spent most of my time on a tennis court
chasing pretty girls and nice things of that sort.

a pal, a brother... this guy packed with fun
a diver, a tennis player... I call him kuya Sun
the challenge to take while I am still alive
kicked out my fear and took my first dive.

now I'm hooked and go diving everywhere
Koh Chang, Pattaya by cool compressed air
did Camiguin with a guy who knew no fear
turtles, foot-long lion fish in waters so clear.

25 meters, 200 bars of air and an hour to go
made the ascent too fast less DC stops oh
nagging pain in my joints that nitrogen lends
that's why they now call me poor mr. Bends.

(Reuben Ray Budayao Jr.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...