Tuesday 25 April 2017

Eureka! I found her!!

This is actually a case of a missing lady who disappeared from my sight in 1974, and that is an eternity of 43 years. My actual search for her started about a decade ago when the internet came to be, although I have been missing her ever since we parted. 

She was a classmate in my final year in high school and we belonged to a core group of close friends who stuck together in and out of the classroom. Here’s a description of her, back then: tall and lanky, hip and swanky, she was adept at facial makeup and she knew how to wear her jewelry (in those days at our school/community, makeup and jewelry were not permitted).

I met her in the first day of class of my fourth and final year in high school. I was a newbie in that school and my eyes were taking note of everything including beauty and behavior. Thelma Gonzales stood out not only because of her height, but also because of her figure and the way her eyes sparkled when she laughed. 

This class of unruly students was actually one close-knit family deep in mischievous behavior, and at that point in my life the hormones and affections took a back seat, although I sensed a mutual feeling between her and me. After graduation she disappeared and then reappeared after 6 months only to finally sail out of my radar - like forever it seemed. Attempts at locating her through friends proved futile for many years until recently when Raylene announced that Thelma’s Facebook account was finally found.

Not only was Thelma alive and kicking - she was also “born again” like me. What a blessed feeling to discover these two facts!  Only time will tell if a reunion could happen. Edmonton, Canada is quite a distant and remote place from where I stand, but no one can predict where my happy feet can take me.

Here's a photo of us back then.
That's Thelma... I can't recall who's the dude behind her

This is Thelma now - with daughter

Thank you Thelma for the chance to reconnect, and thank you Jesus for calling her into your love and giving her rebirth through your Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...