Saturday 1 December 2012

“wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?” Luke 4:29


This trip to check on my Father’s business came by the prompting of one of his most trusted caretakers in the mountains of Northwestern Thailand. 

This guy that my Father chose for this particular business is a former martial arts enthusiast from the country of red swastikas and frothy brew. He sports a broken nose, a thriving beard and jade-blue eyes which all make an irresistible face – at least to one Thai lass worth a million baht in dowry.

My Father entrusted him with the lives of underprivileged Karen and other tribal kids scattered on the chilly mountain tops by the eastern Burmese border and western Thai border. He teamed up with the dedicated and zealous local pastors and funds generated from machinery, coffee and the selfless hearts of Christians from all over the world.

This trip took me out of my four-walled work station in the smoke-choked metropolis of Bangkok and whisked me through the dizzying yet breath-taking hairpin turns that link the teak covered mountains of Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai.

From here the photos will show the kingdom of my Father and the kids that are dear to his heart.










Christian (blue shirt) and Melanie Paetkau (pink shirt) and kids are very young German missionaries at Mae Sariang.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...