Monday 2 January 2012

Just the way you are


As we grow older we may morph into different images
Just like some guys I met whom I haven’t seen in ages.
My shrinking old brain may not quite correctly portray
Just bear with me guys coz this is as much as I can say.

Demure and silent but not too quickly to be outdone
With hand on the phone she may miss out on the fun.
Got a thriving business and tours about just anywhere
A true and loyal friend – Inday, no one can compare.

Wit, humor and waggishness she is much known to be
A majorette with pearly skin such a pretty sight to me.
The hairline on her forehead like the domes of the heart
Ann can make you cry and laugh or sometimes even fart.

She was a bit chubby lady - a succulent fruit on the tree
Multiplied on her four daughters a gorgeous sight to see.
A resolute, persevering spirit standing up for the right
Tune you’ve got my admiration don’t give up the fight.

My type of nose, oriental eyes, skin of mandarin descent
The Germans in Berlin exclaim “you sure are heaven-sent.”
Her audience sits enthralled she’s like a marching band
The Indians will give up their curry for Lilibeth’s sweet hand.

Oh no, I’m now here at the part that takes a lot of guts
My mentor in drinking and churning out cigarette butts
Forehead, dimple, double chin make up the handsome face
Erbing you are the perfect model of the human race.

The skin may age, sag, darken or wrinkle up some more
Hair fading, boobs drooping, tummy pushing up fore.
Alzhiemer’s may come quietly or knees may start to sway
I’ll love these guys just the way they are until my dying day.

2 comments:

  1. Hayyy na lang BFF SUnni Boy!! I'm always in awe of your literary prowess!!! Kaibigan (duet with Bff To Erbs!!), walang iwanan... Thank you and Thank you.....I so love our brief reunion.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be the one to thank you bff Tune, because it was you who made it possible for me to attend the reunion. You have quite an 'enlarged' heart and no doubt God is blessing you immensely for your selfless and sacrificing spirit. I'm always praying for God's direction and empowerment upon you and your daughters in this chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...