Tuesday 20 September 2011

“How was your run?”

In matters of the heart I may not be a star
Just learning the ropes and hoping I can go far.
Been stopped a couple of times short of my goal
Gave me a chance to search down deep in my soul.

By manly standards I know I’m a hopeless romantic
Can see the gap between painted face and authentic.
Fair-skinned girls can get my hormones a-running
With my heart heated up and noisily humming.

Long distance running was not really my type
One knee quite lazy couldn’t build up the hype.
Then she came along and zapped up the miles
I thought I’d tag along and show her my styles.

Did some pretty long marathons alongside the lass
Just wondering when I should make the right pass
My tongue got twisted up and throat became dry
Really messed things up in the night of my first try.

Now she’s gone and my dreams are all a-shattered
I should have ventured out even if I stuttered.
She sent me her thoughts like a blast from a gun
“Ton, how are you, and… how was your run?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...