Saturday 7 August 2010

Diving Chumphon Pinnacle @ Koh Tao

I would not be surprised if in my other life I was a sexy merman or an impish shokoi of Philippine folklore, because diving for me is an irresistible passion. This recent dive took me 460 km from Bangkok to Chumphon by train and 75 km by high-speed catamaran to the idyllic island of Tao (Koh = Thai for island). I had prepared some weeks for this, including all the internet research on the island and the shark infested dive sites. The sharks at Chumphon pinnacle - I confess, were the strongest lures that drew me to Koh Tao.

In all the preparations I chose to neglect the details of the travel to the island and let destiny take over for added excitement and adventure. I even didn’t pack my bag until the lunch break on the work-day of my departure. After work that afternoon I got on the bus to the train station, and only then did I remember that it was a Friday.

In Bangkok Fridays are the meanest of days in terms of traffic conditions. A 30-minute standstill is normal on these days and this bus trip to the central train station at Hua Lamphong was no exception and threatened to derail my trip to the island. I decided to get off the bus and take the notorious motosai tag-see or be left by the train.

I don’t want to spoil the mood by being wordy… so click on the first photo to get rest of the story.
















































35 comments:

  1. this album is really nice. hope you dont mind me commenting. i just saw it in my homepage! Gorgeous place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. migoa... walay pagkaon nga dili halang diri. aroi mak mak

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dont mind a bit... thanks for liking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes tito, he made it pero medyo naa pay nabiling nga buang buang hahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you should see phuket and krabi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha nice tito! Another reason to visit you in Thailand, diving!

    Hi Kuks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingon ana siguro basta in denial no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah... there are a lot of dive sites not far from bkk... november - january would be less stressful... calmer seas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ingon ana jud... waaahahahaha. bro, my apo will pay tes a visit in her clinic 2 weeks from now. magpabutas ng tenga for earings. say hi to your lovely wife and kids for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what's with Koh Nangyuan to be a nice place?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that pose seems familiar with ...... community..... lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. no evidence.... you took pics sana then i blurr lang.... nakaka distract diay?

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats doc ... certified diver

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha... pati ang mukha ng thai parang taga salmonan..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks zen... let's go diving in talicud island next time i go home. maybe a nite out with the barkada at a resort in samal. sounds good?

    ReplyDelete
  16. doki!! pabalhina diri ang FB tropa, para mas makabanat chika sila lolo erbs & European Princess Ann!! hehe!! Nice Px..
    (anyway, i seldom check my multiply myself)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is it!! mau ni guihinuktukan ni Doki!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. doc... wholesome kaayo comment diri ... invite nato bff nimo para masaya....

    ReplyDelete
  19. maayo unta kung moanhi to kay murag dili sya maka navigate diri.

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...