Monday 19 August 2013

Finding my Pygmy Seahorse

The Pygmy Seahorse is undoubtedly one of the most camouflaged species in the oceans, being extremely difficult to spot amongst the gorgonian coral that it inhabits. Bulbous tubercles cover the body that matches the color and shape of the polyps of its host gorgonian coral.


Hippocampus bargibanti

I've been stalking this guy even in Bali, but my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be and this minute seahorse manages to evade me. A few months ago, at the Oceanic dive shop in Bangkok I discovered a double focal mask that matched the grade of my eyes. It proved helpful in Malapascua and I finally found my pygmy seahorse and captured it with my cam.


 That's divemaster James helping me find the elusive critter


 Gotcha!

 can you see him?

Aha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...