Monday 10 October 2011

Thailand Flood 2011

Every monsoon season Thailand gets inundated because of the topography of high mountains in the north and low lying planes and marshes towards the south. The 33 big dams and the great Chao Phraya river serve as both blessing and curse depending on the amount of rainfall.

This year is the first time that I have really feared about our house getting flooded. As of this writing we're still dry but you will see in the photos why my fears are well founded.

Just click on the first photo to get the rest of my problem:-((






























7 comments:

  1. naku everywhere na talaga ang flood ... hope you and family are okay..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks fwend we're ok physically but the mental anguish lingers. today is the first of the three days that the water will be the highest according to the authorities because the high tide meets the water that was released from the dams a few days back. I just hope that I would not have to add to the photos in this album:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God!! You and your family are safe!!! GodBless

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there are no additional pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. ingat kayo, we're praying for u guys....

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...