Friday 13 May 2011

Ha Ha

This is not a laughing matter to me and to the Thais it may not even elicit a grin. “Ha” is actually “5” in Thai, so haha is 55 or better said in Thai as ha-sib-ha. Now this is when it becomes funny to you as you realize that the matter in focus is actually my chronological existence on earth.

Hair loss or the whitening of the same may be some visible signs to prove the haha or the creases and the appearance of sunspots on my previously immaculate skin could be evidence enough. I have not resorted to any of the stuff that the market is awash with to combat this aging process, but I admit that at this point I have some serious thoughts about the “lifts” either surgical or otherwise.

This album is nothing else but to simply document the year that I celebrated this monumental moment of my life. Actually ever since I turned 50, I have been more conscious of the years that fly by. Not in a way to remind myself that I now belong to the “senior citizen” crowd, but rather to praise my God and thank him for a full life that I have already lived and continue to live because of his abundant grace and mercy.

please click on the first photo and go "slideshow."


Ominous or auspicious? my 55th birthday was a friday-the-13th but the passing of the day proved the latter and established proof that bad luck isn't all that comes out of a friday the 13th.


162 friends sent their birthday greetings... i never had a party this big on my birthday and their dropping by to post a message was really awesome and touching.



this chic never lost that lovin-feeling



the apples of my eye... my genes are obvious in these ladies. they never cease to amuse.



nok and jp still live with us, which means that my family is still intact under the same roof. a bonus indeed considering that at this stage most of my friends' kids have already left them.



my adorable granddaughter growing up real fast and every day presents something new. she's the only thing in my mind as i walk home from work.



I can bless someone in dire need of life-giving blood.



work is fun and rewarding.



after so many years i get reunited with my high school friends.



reconnecting with this bosom friend brought my youth back. he and i spent the best adolescent years i ever had trying to evade the school laws as we experimented on psychedelic highs.



the charm of this guy never ceases to bring back memories of some of the best years when our foolishness was a tolerated currency. at my present age i cant afford to be foolish :-)



diving has never been this good.



I can still run… did this adidas 8K marathon in 00:58:45. When I was half my age I placed 3rd in a 14K run in davao and in those days it was muscle-over-mind... now it's mind-over-muscle:-(



Lambda Sigma takes up new challenges. from scuba diving…



to marathon... and later this year mountain climbing.



Jesus manifested his love to me in many ways this year and i eagerly anticipate his subtle way of letting me know that he is by my side and will never leave me. Jesus, you are everything that i want or will ever need. you know my heart is only for you.

4 comments:

  1. so .. for this year i can call you HaHa ....... if you will have that "lifts" ...then.... we will be looking older than you ....hmmm unfair .... just joking

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually friend i can't afford the lifts... maybe a laser job on the syringoma and lentigines on my face, which is not really expensive with the big discount that i have with my position. no one will look older in eternity and with this consideration we are all babies in God's endless timetable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wa gajud ko magdahum nga starring di-ay ko dire. Thanks, Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro, this will happen again in May 2016 so might as well get used to it for your 60th birthday...;-)

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...