Saturday 22 December 2007

Depressed in the "Land of Smiles"


Depressed in the “Land of Smiles” on Christmas seems to be an incompatible sentence. Some sort of conflict of subject and predicate maybe or whatever, and yet I will admit the veracity of the statement. Please excuse me guys, but I have to be true to myself, which means that when I write about my victories and happy times I also have to balance my blog with the times that I am in the pits, which is not very often.

To describe the feeling would take a whole page from the psychiatry textbook, and I would omit the rest except to point out the heavy feeling in the chest area with a slight labor in breathing plus the unconscious act of staring into nothing for some time, with the mind almost in blank mode or running through sad replays of the past days.

I would admit that I am a man with an inner resolve of steel and velvet, meaning that I have the ability to stand up to any psychological or physical challenge at one moment and yet shed a tear when confronted with emotion. This time it is the absence of both, which only complicates the problem. I simply don’t know from what angle to attack the unseen enemy.

I have ruled out andropause because I know that my testosterone is still at its high, which is why my hair follicles couldn’t hang on. It also is not a financial slump because I am still eating three meals a day and I know that the Lord will supply my family’s needs even through eternity. It’s not about worrying what may happen in the future because I trust that my God has it all planned for me.

Maybe it is impotence. I’m not talking about erection dysfunction if that is what’s in your jaundiced minds. That thing was never a problem in the far or recent past. It could be something about the Christmas season and the fact that I am not in the position to make a really meaningful and exciting Christmas for my family like I used to. Maybe it’s the place, where I am surrounded by pagans who can’t even sing jingle bells or peeve me with repeated caroling at night. Maybe it’s the fact that I was recently robbed and deprived of the means to spend for a lavish Noche Buena and to buy gifts for loved ones.

Depression, what an eerie feeling, and I pray that God will teach me to get rid of it. As the days move closer to the 25th please join me in prayer for my swift recovery.

Yes, Christmas should be in the heart, and I could add that it is also in a heavy heart.

Merry Christmas to all! [sigh]



1 comment:

  1. we're not naman expecting anything. dont be too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete

 Kailee's most recent thoughts - November 30, 2022 Hi loloooo Enter Kailee I know this is really sudden but I just wanted to show you th...